Employment Services and Resources
"When my wife and I came to Vancouver from China, had I known what I know now about the way the job market works, I would have got work in my field probably months, if not years, sooner than I did."
- BC Work Futures
- find career information about your occupation in British Columbia
- BC WorkInfoNet
- find information about jobs, education, careers and labour markets in BC
- Bridge to Your Future
- What you should know as a skilled worker before you leave your home country; what to do now that you've landed.
- Burnaby Multicultural Society
-"The Society is dedicated to building a society based on equity and mutual respect amongst diverse groups. We encourage the full participation of people of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds."
- Diversity in the Workplace
-covers the whole field of employment diversity, including news, other information and opinion dealing with the employment of equity groups, immigration policy, credentials, new immigrants and visable minorities.
- Central Okanagan Immigrant Employment Services
- free assistance with job search
- Canada WorkInfoNet
- career and employment information across Canada
- Career Solutions Victoria, BC
- our focus is to assist immigrants who are seeking employment in their fields.
- matches EI recipients qualified in science and technology with employers
- Health Match BC
- a no-fee health recruitment service in BC - headhunters for qualified professionals
- HRDC National Occupational Classification directory
- detailed descriptions of Canadian occupations
- Job Pro Directory: This resource helps skilled immigrants and others integrate into the BC labour market in ways most relevant to their competence, education and experience. Contact Brian Hauk at
- New Government Initiatives and Pilot Programs
- Descriptions of various recent efforts to help skilled and professional workers from other countries.
- North Okanagan Employment Enhancement Society
- Provide Employment Services
- North Shore YWCA Career Services
- short courses ("workshops") and mentoring to assist internationally trained professionals to secure work in Canada. This program runs in North Vancouver.
- Practice Firm - Douglas College
-Canadian work experience program for business service immigrant professionals. Canadian business orientation and job search workshops offered. Local work reference provided.
- Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society
– Vancouver – Employment programs for immigrants and the unemployed. No cost Job Finding Club or one-on-one job search support; Resource Centre offering computer use, job search assistance and other resources; Case Managers to help customize return-to-work action plan; Wage Subsidy Program matching employers with qualified employees. Services also available in French, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, and Urdu.
- Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society - Surrey
– Serves ethnocultural groups in Surrey and Delta; offers settlement and employment assistance services; language interpretation and translation; help with document completion; ESL for homebound women; youth programs; and outreach programs for seniors. Services also available in Afghani/Dari, Pashto, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, and French.
- Road Map to Recognition
- The BC Government offers up-to-date information to help internationally trained professionals and tradespeople find work in BC.
- Surrey Employment Resource Centre
- a referring agency for free assistance with job search, career planning and education
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S. - The Host Mentoring Program at S.U.C.C.E.S.S. matches newcomers with longtime Canadian residents in the
same professional field. Jessica-Ann Dozois at 604-936-5900 or
- The Bamboo Network
- a host mentoring program for skilled trades and professionals in the Vancouver area
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society
- to assist in the settlement and adjustment of immigrants and refugees in Canada and to provides services designed to increase the newcomer's participation in Canadian society by assisting the newcomer to overcome barriers. Contact Viet Tran
- Vancouver Job Search Resources
- Lists BC organizations assisting job seekers including those helping
Internationally Trained Professionals integrate into the Canadian workforce, as well as cover letter and resume resources.